Warsim: The Realm of Aslona - Press Kit
A downloadable game
'Warsim: The Realm of Aslona'
Developer: Huw Millward
Early Access Release Date: 28 Jun, 2017 (Steam)
Platforms: PC (Windows)
Development Log: Warsim Subreddit
GAME STORE PAGES
In Warsim: The Realm of Aslona your only goal is to keep the Kingdom of Aslona from destruction, how you do it is entirely up to you, be you a harsh dictator, a great explorer, a blood-thirsty warlord, or a charistmatic diplomat.
- Scores of places to explore including, a giant blackmarket filled with mystery and wonder, hidden cities (that's right multiple of them), Two schools where you can take lessons, one in music and one in history, a procedurally generated newspaper, and tons more, there has been an excessive amount of time spent fleshing out the world, exploration is heavily rewarded.
- An arena which you can takeover and grow, or watch and bet on, holding giant tournaments and rooting for champions as they climb the ranks and get remembered for eternity.
- A unique facial procedural generation system that can produce well over 100 quadrillion different faces for a variety of different races from Humans and orcs, to kobolds and treemen.
- Deal with the throne room, a complex place with thousands of possible encounters and visitors, how will you manage the realm and treat your people?
- Listen to some procedurally generated music, be it the drum solo of a nervous travelling goblin bard, or the proud music prowess of a well trained vampire showing off with his vampyric lute (or find the music guild and try your own hand at playing these instruments)
- Tons of random events, no game will be the same, with the kingdoms, rulers and events always being different and hard to predict.
- Procedurally generated kingdoms, bandit gangs and mercenary groups, never get the same group twice, be they Seafaring Goblins, Fire Orcs, Eyeless Elves or the Famed Half-Turtles of the Western Turtledom, all these races possible and a million more.
- Countless mini-games played in taverns, your throne room, or around in the world to keep you entertained.
- And so much more...
ABOUT THE GAME
In Warsim your only goal is to keep the Kingdom of Aslona from destruction at the hands of it's enemies, fighting off the rebellion of Faradal the Kinslayer and his turncoat army. The Massive horde of Phenor, overlord of the masses of bandits. The great goblin kingdoms of Krut and E'rak as well as countless other minor bandit groups and kingdoms of randomly generated races.
Warsim's goal throughout development was to simulate ruling as king unlike any other game before, you will be made to feel like the ruler of a kingdom, with countless decisions you can take to shape your realm and bring your kingdom into glory or obscurity.
I'm a game developer from Cardiff, Wales. I've been working on games on and off for 6 years and learned how to program by watching youtube videos and online tutorials, I spent a great deal of time learning about and practicing procedural generation and eventually went on to create several games that use it.
ARTICLES WRITTEN ON THE GAME
- A developer interview regarding the game
- A review of the game
- A breakdown of the race generation system
- An article about the procedural face system
- The Obscure Indie game with 75 Million fantasy races inside it. Enter the strange and wonderful world of ‘Warsim: The Realm of Aslona’
Screenshots/Press images/Banners and logos all available in press pack below!