Warsim 0.7.5.4 (Gender Choice, Quadrillions Of Faces, Lots Of Improvement)
**WARSIM GENDER CHOICE UPDATE**
Hey guys, so I'm going to start this update with something I've needed to add for quite some time but just haven't gotten round to, when I first made this game it wasn't meant to be for anyone else, it was just a little test project to play around, because of that I never bothered adding options for how to be referred to, but I realised recently after watching a stream by a female streamer that it can be a little bit immersion breaking for those who want to imagine themselves in those roles being referred to as a King and a Lord, I've now added a system to allow the player to be male or female, but also to set their own titles of referal for anything non-binary or your own wacky titles, more freedom of playstyle is never a bad thing, sorry to anyone who has been waiting a while for this!
* Added new female name generator for choosing random names before game
* Added ability to play as a queen (or custom title) instead of always a king
* Added new graphic for choosing difficulty as a queen
* All references to Mister in game are now dynamic (Mister, Misses, CUSTOM)
* All references to m'lord in game are now dynamic (M'lord, M'lady, CUSTOM)
* All references to lord in game are now dynamic (Lord, Lady, CUSTOM)
P.S. I've tried to replace every single reference to the player being male, but there may be some I've missed so if someone plays as female and spots any I've missed please message me and I will update them to be dynamic! Thanks
**NEW MINOR FEATURES**
Two minor features I couldn't put anywhere else, now you can see the breakdown of unit battlescore in the troop report screen thanks to /u/nolat and there is dynamic text for the mercenary screen now that hopefully clears it up for some who don't click into the mercenary groups under the premise they'll have to pay to do it.
* Added new dynamic battlescore breakdown in troop report (for all troops including independent randomly generated ones) (credit u/Nolat)
* Added new dynamic intro text for mercenary screen
**MONSTER TRAINER UPDATE IMPROVEMENTS**
Nothing major but I've added additional variation for the monster hunting expedition, now it's more random and some groups dynamic text will give them a higher chance of success.
* Added 3 new additional possible dialogues for sending troops on monster capture expedition
* Added some dialogues will result in higher success rates from capturing a monster with no casualties
Was playing recently and had to do the climb up Saaroth and thought the system and
it's presentation were a little lackluster, now there are full sound effects and
new screens making the climbing more of an event!
* Added new screen for mount saaroth climb
* Added sound effects to mount saaroth climb
* Added new troop loss/discover indicators for saaroth climb
* Added new screen for canyon climb
* Added sound effects to canyon climb
* Added new troop loss/discover indicators for canyon climb
* Added new sound effect laugh fall for saaroth climb
**THE LIBRARY IMPROVED**
The Aslona library wasn't up to scratch, now the books are all better laid out and have sound effects!
* Rewrote aslona library description text
* Fixed Aslona library introtext colour bug
* Fixed Aslona library colour bug on each shelf
* Added pageturn sound effect to all books in Aslona Library
* Fixed some grammar issues with Aslona library books
* Fixed layout of all library books in Aslona Library
**EXPLORATION AND ENCOUNTER CHANGES**
A few new changes including an additional random event that can occur while you're exploring!
* Added helmet to lost knight in exploration encounter
* Added new exploration encounter 'random bag of gold' between 40 and 340 gold
* Added new intro text to wagon mans post if you have trade route
* Added new screen for attempting to destroying stone of denland
**ANIMAL FIGHT PIT IMPROVED**
I was informed animal fight pit bets weren't working by /u/nighteye424 and after fixing this bug I decided to update the fight pit a little bit and make it better.
* Added new screen for winning gold in animal fight pit
* Fixed animal fight pit betting not working (credit u/Nighteye424)
* Reworked animal fight pit bet screen to show your gold and the max bettable gold
* Added new screens if you don't have enough gold to bet or the animal pit has too little gold
Messing around with some face parts, now there are trillions more orcs and a quadrillion and a half more humans :o
* Added 1'589'130'356'814'000 new possible human faces (1.5 quadrillion)
* Added 7'227'364'320'000 new possible orc faces (7 trillion)
The knightly hall still has some work due but now it's a little less scrapy and has more dynamic text and dialogues.
* Added random dialogues for leader of knightly order greeting you
* Added new dynamic intro text to knightly order hall
* Added new screen for leader of knightly order being chosen
* Fixed knightly order hall text colour bug
* Reworked layout of main knightly order screen
**NEW EXTREME CHALLENGE MODE**
I thought of this as a joke and then decided to put it in regardless, if you have a court jester you can pay 100 gold for this but be warned... it won't be easy to play with, every move you make, every step you take, a big royal band will play for you.
* Added ability to pay 100 gold to your court bard to have a trumpet group follow you around and play for every action you make (warning: guarenteed to be unplayable with the sound on for more than 10 minutes)
**SAVE GAME SCREEN**
The save game screen has had a bit of a facelift and a new little graphic!
* Added new graphic to save game screens
* Fixed save game screens spacing and text colour
**TROOP BUYING/SELLING SCREEN REWORKED**
This is one of my favourite parts of the game as it takes a very commonly used location in the game and makes it far more advanced and better presented, which is about time to be honest, now you will have additional screens for hiring troops as well as a dynamic graphic for hiring troops in 1's 2's 3's and 4's.
* Added new notification of gold and troop loss for buying and selling troops
* Added special graphic for hiring goblins (dynamic with different graphic for hiring 1, 2, 3, 4 and above)
* Added special graphic for hiring peasants (dynamic with different graphic for hiring 1, 2, 3, 4 and above)
* Added special graphic for hiring knights (dynamic with different graphic for hiring 1, 2, 3, 4 and above)
* Added special graphic for hiring soldiers and bandits (dynamic with different graphic for hiring 1, 2, 3, 4 and above)
* Added hired troops graphic uses Aslona symbol (whatever you've set it to or 'A' by default)
* Added indicator of how many troops available in hire screen
* Added screen instead of small text for trying to hire more troops than there are available
* Added new screens and text for converting recruiters to knights and knights to recruiters
* Added dynamic text for hiring single units from the hire screen
After watching /u/telejimes most recently playthrough I saw a few things I could improve in Rihhm and decided to get to it, now the village has been improved greatly including special dynamic graphics and screens and sounds for the snail racing minigame.
* Added sound effects to snail racing and snail racing bet gold
* Added new incdicator text for gold gained or lost in snail racing
* Fixed rihhm background sound not always playing
* Rewrote some of elder atiks dialogues
* Added new indicators for trade and tribute requests in rihhm
* Added 4 new dialogues/questions to elder atik in rihhm
* Fixed Nephoro tale text bug (credit u/Telejimes)
* Added new graphic for snail racing
* Added new graphic for snail racing circuit event
* Added new dynamic snail race victory screen
* Added new graphic to rihhm recruitment
* Fixed text bug in rihhm intro text
* Fixed text colour and spacing of rihhm recruitment screen
* Fixed rihhm tribute and trade main text layout
* Fixed elder atik of rihhm grammar issues
**BLACKMARKET STALLS IMPROVED**
I was passing through the blackmarket stalls in a recently playthrough and decided to give the area a full facelift with tons of new sound effects and graphics.
* Added pageturn sound effects to book rental stall books
* Added better layout to book rental stall books
* Added graphic for bluetrii fruit stall
* Fixed sell from stall text bug in bluetrii
* Updated bluetrii stall selling and buying text
* Added new screens and graphics for buying and selling bluetrii fruit in stall
* Added sound effects to buying and selling bluetrii fruit in stall
* Added 2 dialogues to bluetrii fruit seller
* Added new screen and graphic for buying skull key in market stall
* Added sound effects to buying key in market stall
* Added new sound effect for buying musicians elixir
* Added new graphic and screen for buying musicians elixir
* Fixed grammar bug with elixir stall
* Added new screen and sound effect to buying chaos orb in market stall
* Added if cheats are disabled in your game then cheats stall in blackmarket will be closed
**NEW RACE PREFIX ADDITIONS**
No massive changes to the race prefix system, but a new single prefix 'Loremaster' which grants the race that has it a higher level of civilisation and a new structure with a dynamic graphic! (With this there are 338'082 new possible races)
* Add new race prefix 'Loremaster' (+2 civ level, +1 Battlescore, Race has large library visitable building)
* Added dynamic grand library of Loremaster race with 5 different possible graphics depending on land holdings of the faction (50+, 25+, 10+, 5+, less than 5)
**NEW BEAST TYPE RACES**
I cleared through a backlog of creatures I meant to add to the game, these new beast race combinations have added another 2'568'690 possible in-game races, knocking the game from 69.4 million to 72 million
* Added New Race 'Mongoose Folk'
* Added New Race 'Mongoosemen'
* Added New Race 'Were-Mongooses'
* Added New Race 'Evolved Mongooses'
* Added New Race 'Half-Mongooses'
* Added New Race 'Shapeshifting Mongooses'
* Added New Race 'Exo-Mongooses'
* Added New Race 'Demi-Mongooses'
* Added New Race 'Mongooselings'
* Added New Race 'Gaur Folk'
* Added New Race 'Gaurmen'
* Added New Race 'Were-Gaurs'
* Added New Race 'Evolved Gaurs'
* Added New Race 'Half-Gaurs'
* Added New Race 'Shapeshifting Gaurs'
* Added New Race 'Exo-Gaurs'
* Added New Race 'Demi-Gaurs'
* Added New Race 'Gaurlings'
* Added New Race 'Grouse Folk'
* Added New Race 'Grousemen'
* Added New Race 'Were-Grouses'
* Added New Race 'Evolved Grouses'
* Added New Race 'Half-Grouses'
* Added New Race 'Shapeshifting Grouses'
* Added New Race 'Exo-Grouses'
* Added New Race 'Demi-Grouses'
* Added New Race 'Grouselings'
* Added New Race 'Louse Folk'
* Added New Race 'Lousemen'
* Added New Race 'Were-Louses'
* Added New Race 'Evolved Louses'
* Added New Race 'Half-Louses'
* Added New Race 'Shapeshifting Louses'
* Added New Race 'Exo-Louses'
* Added New Race 'Demi-Louses'
* Added New Race 'Louselings'
* Added New Race 'Sealion Folk'
* Added New Race 'Sealionmen'
* Added New Race 'Were-Sealions'
* Added New Race 'Evolved Sealions'
* Added New Race 'Half-Sealions'
* Added New Race 'Shapeshifting Sealions'
* Added New Race 'Exo-Sealions'
* Added New Race 'Demi-Sealions'
* Added New Race 'Sealionlings'
* Added New Race 'Wallaby Folk'
* Added New Race 'Wallabymen'
* Added New Race 'Were-Wallabys'
* Added New Race 'Evolved Wallabys'
* Added New Race 'Half-Wallabys'
* Added New Race 'Shapeshifting Wallabys'
* Added New Race 'Exo-Wallabys'
* Added New Race 'Demi-Wallabys'
* Added New Race 'Wallabylings'
* Added New Race 'Mallard Folk'
* Added New Race 'Mallardmen'
* Added New Race 'Were-Mallards'
* Added New Race 'Evolved Mallards'
* Added New Race 'Half-Mallards'
* Added New Race 'Shapeshifting Mallards'
* Added New Race 'Exo-Mallards'
* Added New Race 'Demi-Mallards'
* Added New Race 'Mallardlings'
* Added New Race 'Shrew Folk'
* Added New Race 'Shrewmen'
* Added New Race 'Were-Shrews'
* Added New Race 'Evolved Shrews'
* Added New Race 'Half-Shrews'
* Added New Race 'Shapeshifting Shrews'
* Added New Race 'Exo-Shrews'
* Added New Race 'Demi-Shrews'
* Added New Race 'Shrewlings'
* Added New Race 'Crane Folk'
* Added New Race 'Cranemen'
* Added New Race 'Were-Cranes'
* Added New Race 'Evolved Cranes'
* Added New Race 'Half-Cranes'
* Added New Race 'Shapeshifting Cranes'
* Added New Race 'Exo-Cranes'
* Added New Race 'Demi-Cranes'
* Added New Race 'Cranelings'
* Added New Race 'Oyster Folk'
* Added New Race 'Oystermen'
* Added New Race 'Were-Oysters'
* Added New Race 'Evolved Oysters'
* Added New Race 'Half-Oysters'
* Added New Race 'Shapeshifting Oysters'
* Added New Race 'Exo-Oysters'
* Added New Race 'Demi-Oysters'
* Added New Race 'Oysterlings'
**NEW BEAST TYPE KINGDOMS**
As you may or may not know, any beast race may also have a kingdom type relative to their race instead of just generic 'kingdom' or 'empire' beware the Immortal Mongoosedom, or the Mighty Shrewdom of the eastern isle!
* Added new kingdom type 'Mongoosedom'
* Added new kingdom type 'Gaurdom'
* Added new kingdom type 'Grousedom'
* Added new kingdom type 'Lousedom'
* Added new kingdom type 'Sealiondom'
* Added new kingdom type 'Wallabydom'
* Added new kingdom type 'Mallarddom'
* Added new kingdom type 'Shrewdom'
* Added new kingdom type 'Cranedom'
* Added new kingdom type 'Oysterdom'
The new animals that have been added and have caused all the fuss above! These can appear in animal fights and as group names like 'The Golden Gaur Bandits' or 'The Purple Oyster Gang'!
* Added new creature 'Mongoose'
* Added new creature 'Gaur'
* Added new creature 'Grouse'
* Added new creature 'Louse'
* Added new creature 'Sealion'
* Added new creature 'Wallaby'
* Added new creature 'Mallard'
* Added new creature 'Shrew'
* Added new creature 'Crane'
* Added new creature 'Oyster'
Nothing major again but another few additional reactions in game!
* Added 'Consider it done lord' reaction to knight quest
* Added 'No problem king' reaction to knight quest
* Added 'Shall be done lord' reaction to knight quest
* Added 'bless your heart' reaction to thanks
**JOKES ON YOU**
A new influx of mostly level one jokes that can be found in game now, higher level jokes can only be said by jesters with high enough skill.
* Added new level one sad elf joke
* Added new level one injured goblin joke
* Added new level one elf school joke
* Added new level two sad elf joke
* Added new level one vampire goblin joke
* Added new level one ghost street joke
* Added new level one goblin party joke
* Added new level one average ogre joke
* Added new level one demons and ghouls joke
* Added new level one witches nametags joke
* Added new level three two dragons in a tavern joke
* Added new level two fat demon joke
I decided to add a bunch of new names to the race names system to make sure things weren't getting stale.
* Added 191 new dwarf names
* Added 10 new abominations names
* Added 6 new blogroki names
* Added 5 new mushroom man names
* Added 10 new goblin names
* Added 7 new gnome names
* Added 6 new underling names
Lots of bugfixes!
* Fixed grammar and layout of all independent building descriptions
* Fixed to strong text bug in stone of denland
* Fixed demon end of turn nomad battle reports showing 0 men dead (no just says no men)
* Fixed attack cancelled mercenary screen sound effect cuts of music
* Fixed void army text layout and colour in diplomacy screen
* Fixed text colour of wagon man exploration encounter
* Fixed text colour of masterless peasants exploration encounter
* Fixed text colour of lost knight exploration encounter
* Fixed Satyrs being mistakenly given taurs suffix in generator
* Fixed Centaars not actually removed from game
* Fixed blackmarket gallows grammar issue
* Fixed knight desertion text end of turn report not appearing
* Fixed expense gold for knight wage unpaid not correct
* Fixed knight wage not including recruiters (now it will mention if recruiters paid too) (credit Defender)
* Fixed bandit hire screen random blank line bug
* Fixed text wrap bug in unit recruitment screens
* Fixed text colour and layout in unit recruitment screes
* Fixed the some of text bug in hire screen
* Fixed layout of unit selling screens
* Fixed no exit from unit selling screens
**NEW EXTRAS GOODIES**
Now if you go to the extras folder in your warsim install you will find the code for Centaars if you want to add them back into the game!
* Added Centaars code to warsim extras (can copy paste in to get Centaars back if you want them)
Lots of loose and misc stuff!
* Reworked layout and colour of foreign merc hall
* Reworked bandit prisoner hire screen layout
* Updated text and layout of cease hostilities screen
* Reworked layout of troop report a little
* Fixed layout of Baiaa black tower maze library books
* Added page turn sounds to books in black tower maze
* Added 5 new miner dialogues
* Added new screen and sound effects to buying chaos orb from ship in dockrow
* Nerfed ants animal battlescore from 20 to 6
* Added 4 new suffixes for blackmarket pickpocket gang leaders
* Added 10 new faction name parts (mostly for bandits)
* Reduced filesize of arena horn sound effect
* Added 12 new flag parts
And that's the update, let me know what you guys think!
Get Warsim: The Realm of Aslona
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.