Warsim 0.7.5.5 (Goblin Slaver Expansion & Spontaneous Tournaments)
**THE GOBLIN SLAVER EXPANDED**
While looking into the goblins and goblin slavery being banned I realised how flat and shallow the goblin slaver is, it's just a line of text and a random price cost of goblins set at each game start, I figured it could be far far more dynamic and interactive and so I spent the last two days making it just that. Now the goblin slaver isn't just some line of text, it's a real character with their own personality, battlescore, face, and name. You have a relationship with them that can grow and earn you bonuses and each goblin slaver will be different from the last with their own combination of a trait and their battlescores effect, meaning you might find a slaver giving his goblins away, or one selling them for 1000 gold each, or perhaps he's selling a bunch of humans painted green, it's all possible now!
* Added goblin slavers capturing ability tethered to their battlescore
* Added new type of goblin slaver (recruiter) More goblins each turn
* Added new type of goblin slaver (penny pincher) pays you half tribute
* Added new type of goblin slaver (generous) pay you twice tribute
* Added new type of goblin slaver (berserk) instead of selling normal goblins, sells berserkers (but has less slaves)
* Added new type of goblin slaver (mercantile) goblins twice as expensive, tribute is twice as much too
* Added new type of goblin slaver (discounted) goblins twice as cheap, tribute half as much
* Added new type of goblin slaver (coin collector) goblins cost 1 gold each
* Added new type of goblin slaver (misvalued) goblins cost 1000 gold each, tribute is 4x as much
* Added new type of goblin slaver (giver) goblins are free, cannot gain relation, captures less goblins
* Added new type of goblin slaver (berserk and cheap) goblins are berserkers and cost 1 gold each
* Added new type of goblin slaver (slaver) "goblins" are actually human slaves painted green
* Added new type of goblin slaver (efficient) can store 10x as many goblins
* Added new type of goblin slaver (stable) guarenteed at least half of the max capturable goblins each turn instead of full rng
* Added new goblin slaver slot in diplomacy screen
* Added ability to talk to goblin slaver with dynamic dialogue based on stats
* Added chance to gain relation with goblin slaver +1 for every 100 goblins bought (max 100 relation)
* Added global goblin slaver relationship that if hits -100 no goblin slavers will ever come again
* Added ability to have goblin slaver executed (-20 global relationship)
* Added 1015 Cheat (spawn new goblin slaver)
* Added 1016 Cheat (set slavers trait to specific trait from list)
* Added 1017 Cheat (adds 1000 goblin slaves to slavers ranks)
* Now goblin recruitment is based on the lands of Krut and Erak instead of Aslona Lands (so less goblins will be available if you annihilate the goblin clans)
* Added alternate dynamic graphics for goblin berserkers (5 graphics)
* Added alternate dynamic graphics for recruiting slaves painted green (5 graphics)
* Added 1 in 6 chance of goblin hunter fleeing from being hunted by goblin warlord
* Added 1 in 6 chance of goblin revolt (depending how many goblins held)
* Added 1 in 6 chance of goblin slaver being replaced by competitor
* Added full dialogues for goblin slaver (4 questions with dynamic responses)
* Added chance of +2 berserkers gift each year depending on personal relationship with slaver
* Added chance of +2 goblins gift each year depending on personal relationship with slaver
* Added chance of +half standard tribute gift each year depending on personal relationship with slaver
* Added if max relationship then you will get one of the above gifts each year
**BANDIT KING IMPROVEMENT**
I was looking through my to-do list and spotted this feature concept, it makes sense too, as a bandit king you will now recruit a mix of soldiers and bandits (mostly bandits) each turn unless you declare forceful enlistment.
* Added playing as bandit king will give you soldiers and bandits as recruits each turn
**GOBLIN DESERTION REWORK**
It was brought to my attention that the goblin desertion events were happening even with slavery banned, I checked and it was the same for celebrations too, I think it shouldn't be this way so now its fixed and there are new positive events to take its place.
* Made goblin desertion events 50x rarer if you have goblin slavery banned (credit Chara66613)
* Made goblin desertion events 50x rarer if you have goblin celebraiton (credit Chara66613)
* Made goblin desertion events 9999x rarer if you have both goblin celebration and slavery banned (credit Chara66613)
* Added small goblin joining pack end of turn event (if goblin celebration active and goblin slavery banned)
Tournaments are fun and so is the Arena, but for some players tournaments are a far off concept they won't get to see, I thought it would only be fair if the independent arena owners occasionally went and ran their own tournament, so now in the early game you may notice that a tournament is underway and the arena wont function as it normally does, I've also expanded tournaments a little bit with a new introductory screen.
* Added new intro for declaring a tournament
* Added ability for arena not held by the player to hold tournaments too (1 in 6 chance each year)
* Added new pre-tournament text for arena owner dynamic depending on their personality
* Updated layout of bet screen in tournaments
Not as many as the last update but added a couple more names to keep things fresh.
* Added 5 new faction name generator parts
* Added 10 new female character names
* Added 10 protofolk names
**THE LUCKY GNOME**
What started as a small idea to expand the blackmarket stalls became a multi-pathed questline that took me hours to put in, make sure you swing by and see it for yourself, but beware the consequences.
* Added new mini questline (with multiple diverse outcomes and dynamic systems) 'The Lucky Gnome'
* Added new dynamic change to blackmarket gallows depending on outcome of quest
* Added new economic stagnation effect to blackmarket depending on outcome of quest
* Added new sound effect 'Gnome Squeeze'
A couple of bugfixes, mainly catching up with missed parts of the last gender update though I feel there are probably some more nested about!
* Fixed 'one true king' intro text error (credit u/Nighteye424)
* Fixed grammar issues in intro court event
* Fixed another king reference in intro text
* Fixed intro text grammar issue
* Fixed bluetrii stand buying and selling layout
* Fixed bluetrii stall owner having blue skin bug
* Fixed cruel ways to rule book visible even before bought (credit KlickPy from Discord)
* Fixed Arena grand champ beaten in a tournament doesn't get his tourney wins counted on his hall of fame record
* Fixed trumpet fail sound effect not working
* Added 8 circle flag parts to the faction flag generator
* Added rare chance the recruitment screen main graphic shows an alternate graphic
Get Warsim: The Realm of Aslona
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.